Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Title VI, 42 U.S.C. § 2000d et seq. was enacted as part of the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964. Under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the City of Gastonia as a recepient of federal funds, prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, and national origin in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance. Programs that receive federal funds cannot distinguish among individuals on the basis of race, color, or national origin, either directly or indirectly, in the types, quantity, quality, or timeliness of program services, aids or benefits that they provide or the manner in which they provide them.
The City of Gastonia has adopted the Title VI Plan to ensure that the City is in compliance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Any person who believes they have been wronged by a discriminatory act (whether by an action or an inaction) of the City of Gastonia or its funding recipients, has the right to file a written complaint with the City of Gastonia within 180 days after the discrimination occurred.
Title VI complaints may be submitted to the following location:
- City of Gastonia
- Attention: Cherie Jzar, AICP Coordinator of Diversity Equity and Inclusion
- P.O. Box 1748 Gastonia, NC 28053 • Phone: (704) 866-6705 • Mobile 704-616-7241 TDD: 1-800-735-2962
- Email: Cheriej@cityofgastonia.com
- Or in person at Gastonia City Hall located at 181 S South Street Gastonia, NC 28052
For more information regarding the City of Gastonia’s Title VI Program, contact the City’s Title VI coordinator at the phone number or address noted above.
- ~ ENGLISH~ City of Gastonia Title VI Non Discrimination Plan
- ~ SPANISH~ City of Gastonia Title VI Non Discrimination Plan
File A Complaint