The City of Gastonia now administers a special permit for a variety of film related needs.
Please fill out the film permit application if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You are filming on city owned property
- Your filming requires a street closure
- Your filming includes special effects
Permits must be received at least five business days in advance of the first filming date. If the filming occurs on City owned property, a Location Agreement contract needs to be agreed upon and signed by both parties. If any portion of filming occurs on City owned property, the application needs to be received at least three weeks prior to the start of filming.
- The film permit application is $75.
- If the filming includes amplified sound, a noise permit will need to be obtained from the Gastonia Police Deparatment, which is $5 if done at least 48 hours in advance of the film start date, or $25 if done within 48 hours.
- If filming on City owned property, the fee is $50 per day (partial or full) unless the filming occurs on a site that already has a registered rental fee (community center, Rotary Pavilion, etc.) In that case, the facility's rental fee would be paid per day.
- If having certain special effects in your film (fireworks, large tent, bounce houses, etc.) other permits from various departments may be needed in addition that would result in additional fees for those respective permits.
- If your filming requires on-site assistance from the Gastonia Police Department, Gastonia Fire Department, or other Gastonia Department staff, a staff fee will be quoted when approval is sent.
- If there are quite a few requests and special considerations that are made of the city prior to and during the filming, an additional filming fee may be added on to the invoice.