Fire Pump Plan Review Submittal Requirements
The NC Fire Prevention Code requires that a construction permit be obtained for the installation of/or modification to fire pumps and related fuel tanks, jockey pumps, controllers and generators.
Our preferred method of submitting permit applications is through our new City View online portal system. See Gastoniafire.org/constuction for complete instructions. If you desire to submit paper plans you will need to look below for what needs to be submitted along with a permit application, and pay the permit fee via check only. They can be dropped off or mailed. Maintenance performed is not considered a modification and does not require a permit.
Look below for Fire Pump submittal requirements:
- Scope of Work Letter
- Permit Application (if not submitting online via City View)
- Floor plan of Area Being Protected By Fire Pump
- Layout and Arrangement of Plan
- Manufacturer Cut Sheets
- Site Plan Showing Underground Piping
- Type of Equipment
- Must Have Recent Hydrant Flow Test
- Once the permit is issued and work is done, an acceptance test will be done by ths office in conjunction with the fire suppression contractor doing the work. A certificate of completion will also be required upon completion of the project.
The issuance of a Construction Permit from the Gastonia Fire Marshal’s Office does not relieve the applicant of any additional permits which may be required by the City of Gastonia, or from The Gaston County Building Inspections Department.