To conduct a professional fireworks or pyrotechnics display in the city limits of Gastonia, a permit pulled through the Gastonia Fire Marshal's Office is required.
You can pull a permit in two different ways:
1. Submit your application and below submittals through our online City View portal by clicking here. Payment can be paid via credit card from that portal. This is our preferred way of submmitting applications.
2. Include all of the below submittal information, a permit application (which can be found here), and email it to AFM Terry Revis at: Terry.Revis@GastoniaNC.Gov or FM Chris Stowe at: Chris.Stowe@GastoniaNC.Gov
3. Note if you choose to send your submttal via email, you will need to mail a check or money order for $200 per display to:
Submittals Should Include
- Proper identification and licenses shall be provided to the Gastonia Fire Marshal's Office priot to the issuance of a permit. The approved license operator shall be designated as the responsible party and be on site at ALL times.
- Certificate of insuance shall be furnished for the amount of $1,000,000. An original certificate of insurance is required (stamp signatures are not accepted).
- Site map of the entire fireworks display site including: correct date and time of the display, details of the firing site and device layout, locations of spectators, fallout perimeter, and fireworks storage area.
- Provide a complete list of fireworks or pyrotechnics to be dsplayed. Proximate displays require the submittal of device and effect descriptions.
- Site safety plan including: emergency procedures, personal protective clothing (PPE) utilized by personnel, evaculation/help needed signal, and any other pertinent information.
- Written permission from the owners of the land on which the fireworks shall be discharged.
- The company performing the launching operations shall be responsible for any and all damages that may result from the operations.
- Any fireworks or pyrotechnics remaining unfired after the display has concluded shall be immediately disposed of in a safe manner.
- The Gastonia Fire Marshal's Office shall have the final decision as to the APPROVED fallout area and safety perimeter, and should the need arise to postone or cancel any display.
- A representative of the Gastonia Fire Marshal's Office shall conduct a pre and post display safety inspection.